A Look At Income Inequality

Posted by




With spring in full force and the weather warming up, the Occupy movement is back out on the streets. For the last 7 months, protesters in all parts of the country, most notebly in New York City and Washington D.C, have been camping out and protesting the income disparity between the top 1% and the remaining 99%. Unless you have been living in a cave somewhere without access to a newpaper, the internet or television, you've probably heard about the movement.



As the protesters gain new strength and resolve, people from all walks of life are beginning to ask questions about income disparity and are developing their own views about the situation. If the 99% movement has accomplished anything, it is definitely forcing politicians and people who have always been firmly in the middle class to actually discuss the issue.



No matter where you stand on the issue, it's important to arm yourself with the facts. In order to help, I did a little research and found this great infographic from the people at Good that gives a great breakdown of how the 1% and the 99% differ when it comes to income, taxes and other things.



Take a look:



What do you think about the issue of income disparity in America? Do you think that something should be done about it? Please share your thoughts in the comments.

Comment

Become a member to take advantage of more features, like commenting and voting.

Jobs to Watch