If you’re an administrative professional (or aspire to be one), you can’t afford to miss this year’s Administrative Professionals Conference (APC) from September 30th to October 3rd at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort in Orlando, Florida.
It’s time to invest in the training and development that will benefit both you and your company. At APC, you’ll learn to take on new responsibilities and challenges, add new skills to your team and organization, and acquire new strategies that will keep you ahead of the competition. You’ll be exposed to the latest trends in admin performance and management.
APC unites a world-class faculty of professional instructors and experts who will provide tips and techniques to streamline and enhance your department. It’s one of the most comprehensive educational programs ever to be packed in one location. This is the all-inclusive training event that will help you succeed in today's increasingly competitive world of business.
At this year’s APC, you’ll find a variety of educational tracks that let you design your own agenda based on your personal career needs. Here’s a sampling:
- Track 1: Empowerment and Influence at Work: Strengthening Communication Skills. These sessions address your ability to communicate effectively and powerfully.
- Track 2: Working Smarter: Today’s Technology Solutions. The tools of your trade have changed drastically in the past two decades. These sessions will help you elevate your skill level and keep up with the latest technology.
- Track 3: Paths to Productivity: Techniques for Controlling Work and Time. Here, you’ll learn how to maximize your work time and hone key “task accomplishment” techniques.
- Track 4: Learning to Lead: Tools for Managing Performance. These sessions equip you with leadership tools and for overcoming obstacles to high performance.
- Track 5: Stand Out and Get Ahead: Career Advancing Strategies. Boost your self-awareness and confidence. Build on your strengths, and learn how to gain recognition to advance your career.
If you need to nudge your boss for the time off to attend, hit him or her with this little research nugget: A three-year study of 2,500 firms by the American Society of Training and Development found definitive evidence linking increased training investments to more favorable financial results for companies. Companies that invested in training noted higher shareholder returns and higher profit margins. What’s more, research from Hackett Benchmarking and Research showed that companies who spent more on employee training averaged fewer voluntary employee turnovers—only 7 percent, compared to 16 percent for those who spent less.
Check out the APC at a glance to see what’s in store for you as an administrative professional. If you’re an admin professional or a recent grad eager to enter the field, to succeed these days, it’s both who you know and what you know that matters. Attending this year’s APC can help you with both.