This position will work under the direction of the Regional Director of Business Development and will be responsible for a variety of Business Development duties. This individual will be responsible for streamlining and standardizing patient admissions processes across multiple facilities as well as conceptualizing and creating marketing materials. Also included in the scope of duties is the ability to run various reports, manipulate and translate data in a variety of formats. May act as regional subject matter expert on admission process and train admission coordinators at the facility level. This position is also responsible for keeping abreast of all new insurance updates and regulations and will also support the West Region.
- Remain current in all duties of a facility Admissions Coordinator including communicating with liaisons and hospital staff, entering the patient demographics into the system, providing tours to families and processing referrals and insurance authorizations.
- Streamline and standardize patient admissions processes across multiple facilities. This includes looking at best practices and current practices in all facilities and creating a standard practice that can be customized based on facility needs. For example, how referrals flow from partner hospital or whether or not the facility has Epic or another EMR. Once process is established, creating templates and communication tools to be used by facilities.
- Conceptualize and create marketing materials to be used for various events and day to day marketing. This includes creating templates, pamphlets and handouts as well as coming up with and tweaking marketing messages. Event planning and coordination for special marketing events such as open houses or attending health fairs.
- Run admissions and referral reports and manipulate and translate data in order to understand data trends.
- As regional subject matter expert on admission process, help train and onboard admission coordinators at various facilities.
- Keep abreast of all new insurance updates and regulations and overall healthcare trends impacting IRF admission criteria.
- May create admissions forecast and aggregate conversion data for the region utilizing data from various hospitals.
- Develops appropriate analysis using established reporting mechanisms and provides data and statistics, as well as reports and presentations, as required, within the established time frame.
- Maintains a close working relationship with hospital teams.